In making a booking at Great Western Surf Café (GWSC), you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions and understand that A CHARGE WILL APPLY if our cancellation terms are not met.
All bookings at GWSC are made through an online booking system, accessible via our website. Should you need to change or cancel your booking, you can do so easily on the online system, accessed either via the Reservation Confirmation email issued to you upon booking or via the system website direct.
We cannot be held responsible for customer input errors. Our system can only issue emails to the address entered at the time of booking. If you do not receive a Reservation Confirmation email upon booking, please contact us immediately.
A Reservation Reminder email will be automatically issued 48 hours prior to your booking to check you’re all set and able to join us as planned. If nothing has changed, we ask that you Confirm your booking via this email. If there has been a change, please let us know. You can Cancel your booking via the same email. If you need to change your booking, just head back to your Reservation Confirmation email and Edit your booking.
Please note that GWSC accept bookings for inside tables only. To guarantee you a table in the event of wet weather, unfortunately, bookings cannot be taken for our outside tables.
Dogs are welcome inside and outside at GWSC but they must be kept on leads at all times. We also ask that your dog is dry and clean (not wet and sandy!) and that that your dog remains quiet whilst with us as a courtesy to our staff and other diners. We must reserve the right to refuse service in all three respects. Please note your wish to bring a dog in the Comments field when making a booking.
Please note any children in your party in the Comments field. We cannot guarantee the availability of a highchair.
You can book online for parties of 1-10 at GWSC. For an enquiry for a group of 11 or more, please contact us.
No-shows and late cancellations are hugely damaging to the restaurant industry and sadly tough measures must be taken to help manage a business like ours. At certain times of the year, we may request card details for a booking to protect us against late cancellations and the custom of ‘no-showing’.
We accept that cancellation requests will be prompted by a variety of reasons, but please understand that our small business is unable to absorb the direct financial loss for late cancellations due to self-isolation, family or personal illness/injury, or traffic, and sets out a robust cancellation policy accordingly.
Card details will be requested at the time of booking. However, should you honour your booking or cancel with the agreed notice period (as below), no charge will be applied.
No payment is taken at the time of booking. Your card details will be held in a secure PCI-DSS compliant vault. For further information, please visit: https://stripe.com/docs/security/stripe.
Please be fully aware the following cancellation terms apply:
- For all bookings, we require 24 hours’ notice of cancellation. You must CANCEL ONLINE, via the link supplied on your booking emails/via the system website. Once you cancel online, you will automatically receive a Reservation Cancellation email. Unless you cancel online via our system and receive a Reservation Cancellation email, the booking remains active and the T&Cs herewith prevail.
- All bookings are non-amendable with less than 24 hours notice. As such, cancellations within 24 hours cannot be accepted.
- If you fail to honour your booking and no-show, a charge of £20 per person will be made against the stored card.
- If your party has decreased in size, you must edit your booking 24 hours in advance. We reserve the right to apply a charge against the stored card or cancel your booking in certain cases when the booking has decreased in size upon arrival. We strongly suggest that you confirm for the ‘definites’, not for the ‘maybes’.
- We politely ask that you are ready to be seated at the time of your booking. We hold tables for 15 minutes only. We understand that traffic and parking may cause delays but as a small restaurant in a busy holiday resort, we respectfully ask you to plan accordingly. In the school holidays and over Bank Holiday weekends, the roads WILL be busy and the car parks WILL be chock-a-block. Sadly, we cannot accept traffic and parking problems as a reason for us to suffer a financial loss. After 15 minutes, we reserve the right to treat your booking as a ‘no-show’ and follow policy accordingly.
Should you have any concerns about our cancellation policy, we recommend that you book on the day. Although please understand that we can never guarantee availability. Please be assured that charges will be made ONLY if the cancellation terms as above are not met. Cancelling when you receive your Reservation Reminder (or with more than 24 hours’ notice) will NOT result in a charge.
We hope for your understanding and look forward to welcoming you soon.