We are proud to say...
- Blue Flag Award: In May 2018 Great Western was honoured to receive Newquay's first ever Blue Flag. To assist us with our Blue Flag initiatives, we would ask that you recycle all your waste and only flush the three Ps in our toilets (paper, pee, poo!).
- Seaside Award: Great Western Beach was awarded its first Seaside Award in 2017. This is a nationwide standard award for the best beaches across the UK. This award is a symbol of quality which ensures visitors are guaranteed to find a clean, safe, attractive and well-managed coastal stretch.
- Dogs: well behaved dogs and responsible owners are welcome on the majority of the beach 365 days a year. However, in our Blue Flag award area, a dog ban is in place from May to September in accordance with the lifeguard season. Dog bags are available from the surf school office.
- Parking: there are public car parks located near Great Western beach. There are no parking facilities on the beach or vehicle access to the beach.
- Beach Access: this is via an inclining tarmac path beside the Great Western Hotel on Cliff Road, or along the sands at low tide. Please check tide times before hand.
- Toilets: there are public toilets on the beach which are open 10am until 6pm during the summer months - please note these may close in the winter.
- Lifeguards: this beach has RNLI lifeguards from May until September. Check lifeguard season dates, weather and tide times by clicking here: RNLI website